Divorce Help for Georgia Business Owners & Professionals
Choose Our Proven North Atlanta Divorce Lawyer
High-net-worth individuals like CEOs, doctors, lawyers, certified public accountants, dentists, business owners, and their spouses often face complicated issues around the division of earnings and assets in divorce cases.
Georgia courts will look for a means of “equitable division” of the marital property. However, “equitable” division does not mean “equal” division. There is much room for creative argument on both sides of high-net-worth cases about what might constitute equitable division.
If you or your spouse own a professional practice or business and you are contemplating divorce, the following questions may arise:
- What is that business really worth?
- How much income does it really generate?
- What is the value of a spouse’s contribution?
- What is the value of personal or business goodwill?
- How much of the business belongs to the marriage, and how much of it is non-marital property?
- Are assets or income being “hidden” in the business?
- Are there steps I should take to protect myself before filing?
Answering these questions strategically and being able to show evidence of these answers in court if necessary is essential to achieving the best outcome in your divorce case. Contact the experienced and compassionate North Atlanta divorce attorney at Brenner Law Group, LLC today to discuss your unique case.
Call Attorney Emily Brenner now at (404) 418-4006.
Strategic Divorce Solutions for High Net Worth Individuals
Any divorce involving a spouse or spouses with high net worth or complex assets calls for a lawyer with skills and strategies that are outside the usual divorce toolkit.
With more than 30 years of legal experience in Georgia family law and an exceptional track record, Ms. Brenner possesses the legal know-how and strategies needed to handle cases with complex property and asset distribution.
The experience and knowledge that sets Brenner Law Group apart in these complex cases includes:
- Knowing how to work with multi-state holdings or assets in international jurisdictions;
- Using creative strategies to optimize your asset division by considering tax, estate, and trust laws;
- Deploying the tools to fully investigate the sources of income and assets, or locate where assets are hidden; and
- Teaming with experts in various fields to supplement our legal counsel in order to position your case for the most optimal resolution. We regularly work with business evaluators, forensic accountants, appraisers, tax professionals, tax attorneys, and private investigators to make sure that our clients get the very best outcome possible according to their priorities.
Serving Sandy Springs, Buckhead, Alpharetta & the Atlanta Area
No matter which side of the divorce you are on, you need an attorney who understands the relationship between business law, tax law, and family law to successfully advance your case and protect your financial position. Brenner Law Group specializes in high-asset divorce cases, and you can be confident that you will receive nothing less than the elite and professional legal representation you deserve.
To learn more about how we can help you protect your assets, call for an appointment today at (404) 418-4006 or contact us online.